Prep Time 5 mins
+ Cook Time 20 mins Total Time 25 mins
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 6 tilapia fillets
- Old bay seasoning
- Hot shot
- 3 bosi pears
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1/6 brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup water
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- Lime juice (to taste)
- Chop up the onion.
- Peel, half, and core pears.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and place the pears face down in the skillet.
- Immediately add sugars (white & brown) and cook down.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
- Add honey and water to the skillet, stir, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Season with black pepper and lime juice to taste.
- Cook and stir the glaze for another 3-5 minutes.
- Place the glazed on simmer and continue to stir.
- Base baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the tilapia fillets in the pan.
- Season to taste with Old Bay Seasoning and Hot Shot.
- Sprinkle the onions across the tilapia and add dollops of butter.
- Place in the oven for about 10 minutes or until ready.
- Cover the fish in your desired amount of glazed and bake for 1-2 additional minutes.
- Remove the tilapia from the oven.
- Plate your tilapia with a pear, grab a fork, and enjoy!
Switch out the tilapia for your fish of choice!
This month we welcome to the blog J. Nicole of Get Nourishment. Throughout the month of October she will be serving up tasty weekly recipes.