Prep Time 10 mins
+ Cook Time 20 mins
Total Time 30 mins
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp butter
1 sweet yellow onion
7 chopped carrots
4 cups vegetable stock
1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
1/4 tsp salt
Sour cream (optional)
1. Dice sweet yellow onion and carrots
2. Warm skillet on medium heat.
3. Sauté olive oil, butter, onions, and carrots.
4. Add vegetable stock, curry powder, salt.
5. Cook to a broil for 15 minutes or until carrots are soft.
6. Allow the soup to cool and add to blender.
7. Blend the contents of the soup into a puree.
8. Return the soup to the pot.
9. Pour a bowl for each person and add their desired amount of sour cream and chives. (optional)
10. Share the best part of your day with your friends and family.
J. Nicole strives to put Christ’s love on display to the world and one medium she chose was food. She started cooking because she developed a very close relationship with her grandmother. Before that happened, she use to burn rice…yes rice! Her grandmother sparked an interested in her to work on family recipes, attend cooking classes, research cooking ideas, and become an apprentice for a great chef. Along her cooking journey, she has also chosen Christ as her Lord and Savior. While developing her relationship with God, she learned that Jesus Christ used food (feed the thousands, represent His body, etc.) to spread His love. She soon thought, “I love Christ and food so why not share a weekly recipe with others and spread the love of Christ?”. Thus Get Nourishment was born! See other recipes in this series here.
J. Nicole says
You are very welcome! I hope it comes out great.
Thanks J Nicole! I am on the hunt for health food these days so this comes at the perfect time for me. Looking forward to trying it 🙂