How many times did you have to wait this week – when you were too busy or felt you didn’t have the time to? Yet, at the point when we are forced to wait, nothing else becomes as important as learning to wait.
Recently, my car broke down and following the call out… I had to wait. But, in waiting, this does not mean that I do nothing… rather I have to learn how to wait.
In waiting for the one, God is teaching me 2 important lessons –
1) Be Patient
Do you tell others to be patient, but when it comes to yourself struggle? Learning to wait can be difficult! But, fretting will only make you frustrated and increase your anxiety.
What can God teach me about being patient as I wait to meet my future husband?
· To lean on Him – as He teaches me patience; by waiting for His timing.
Do not participate in the worthless and unproductive deeds of darkness, but instead expose them [by exemplifying personal integrity, moral courage, and godly character]; Ephesians 5:11 (AMP)
· When I have no idea what I am waiting for – I can choose patience, then God can work on my character; refining me into the person, He wants me to be.
But the fruit of the Spirit [the result of His presence within us] is love [unselfish concern for others], joy, [inner] peace, patience [not the ability to wait, but how we act while waiting], kindness, goodness, faithfulness, Galatians 5:22 (AMP)
2) Surrender Control
Do you feel in control when you organize your day your way? However, God’s word says we should commit our plans to Him, but He should be in control.
Commit your works to the Lord [submit and trust them to Him], and your plans will succeed [if you respond to His will and guidance]. Proverbs 16:3 (AMP)
What can God teach me about control as I wait for the right person to walk into my life?
· To trust Him – as I follow His direction; through prayer and reading His word.
Come close to God [with a contrite heart] and He will come close to you. James 4:8a (AMP)
[Tweet “In a season of waiting – Check out 2 key lessons to learn while you wait”]
· Through seeking God’s knowledge, His direction will become clear to me, and He will prompt me to know His ways.
· As I follow God’s leading, I will hear God’s voice clearly in everything so I will know which path to follow and which one to avoid.
Trust in and rely confidently on the Lord with all your heart and do not rely on your own insight or understanding. In all your ways know and acknowledge and recognize Him, and He will make your paths straight and smooth [removing obstacles that block your way]. Proverbs 3:5-6 (AMP)
· A song that will inspire you as you wait… Trust by Hillsong Young &Free
· A book that will encourage you as you wait…
Lady in Waiting: Becoming God’s Best While Waiting for Mr. Right (*affiliate link)
Please note affiliate links are unique to BCW and are included for your convenience and at no additional cost to you but help support maintenance of the site. See our full disclosure.
About the Author
Ava James is a down to earth, friendly, rock style Christian chick. Who loves Christ… worship… coffee… and writing! She lives in England, United Kingdom. She has a law degree and works in a medico-legal role. Connect with her online at Inspired by His Words