Are you battling with your finances? Does it seem like no matter what you can’t get ahead? Is your bank account low, yet the bills keep coming in?
Life is hard enough taking care of a family but also providing can cause stress and worry. Not long ago I was in the same situation. I am a faithful tither and yet it seemed like I was always struggling to pay my bills. I had to constantly pull from my savings until I had no savings left.
I would pray and plead to God why are we struggling? What can I do to get out of this hole? Lord, show me the money!
Here are 3 things that the Lord revealed to me:
- Be honest with yourself! I had a shopping addiction. I was addicted to Amazon. I had an Amazon account and several cards and I was overcharging. I had to seek the Lord to understand were this came from. During this time my husband was battling Leukemia, his health was getting worse and chemo was the only option. Shopping made me feel better but it got out of control. So, I had to repent and ask for forgiveness from the Lord and my husband.
- You need to cut back! Are there any unnecessary expenses you can cut out? I saved money by not getting my nails done, I cut off my cable, and I started meal planning. I also had to make a budget and stick with it.
- Get into the word! I looked up scriptures about prosperity and started claiming them every day. I watched every prosperity sermon I could. Kenneth Copeland has some awesome resources about prosperity. I also turned to the Lord for wisdom in dealing with my debt.
When we turn to God about our finances and pray before we spend money, He will give us wisdom.
[Tweet “We can’t just pay our tithes and expect God to bless our foolish choices. – @honestprayers4w”]
He wants us to prosper and to succeed but we have to make sure our ground is good and our hearts are right. Here are 3 promises God gives us when it comes to money.
- Deuteronomy 8:18 (GNT) – Remember that it is the Lord your God who gives you the power to become rich. He does this because he is still faithful today to the covenant that he made with your ancestors.
- Luke 8:8 (ASV) – And other fell into the good ground, and grew, and brought forth fruit a hundredfold.
- Psalms 35:27 (AMP) – “Let the LORD be magnified who delights and takes pleasure in the prosperity of His servant.
Now let me ask, are you ready for the Lord to show you the money?
Father, we thank you for all Your promises that makes us rich and prosper. You delight in the prosperity of your children. Let our ground be good so we can have a hundredfold return. Help us to be honest in our finances and use wisdom. Let us seek you before we spend impulsively and look for ways to save so we can be a blessing to others. Father we are ready for you to show us the money!