With Valentines Day coming up, love is a popular topic and theme. Well, I have the best Father who loves me. GOD. He is the greatest love anyone could ask for.
We don’t need expensive things or presents to show our love to Him. Intimacy is what He wants from us. To know us and care and provide for us is His desire.
The world has convinced us that we should buy gifts and go out to dinner. Why have we been so consumed with propaganda and society telling us what to do?
I say we should love each other and make people feel special every day. Even if its just an encouraging word or a smile. No, you don’t need to buy things for someone. Making or putting effort into the gift is probably more special. If we tell each other every day that we care, we don’t need society telling us to take one day of the year out to take your special someone out.
To show you the greatest love that God has for us I have put together 10 scriptures for you to read. My scriptures come from NIV study bible.
Scriptures to hold on to
- You have heard that it was said! Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. Mark 5:43-44
- Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don’t be afraid, you are worth more than many sparrows. Luke 12:7
- Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you. Psalm 63:6
- And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13
- This is how we know what love is Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 1 John 3:16
- If you love me, keep my commandments. John 14:15
- Place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm for love is as strong as death, its jealousy unyielding as the grave. It burns like a blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away. If one were to give all the wealth of one’s house for love, it would be utterly scorned. Song of Songs 8:6-7
- How priceless is your unfailing love. O God! People take refuge in the shadows of your wings. Psalm 36:10
- They refused to listen and failed to remember the miracles you performed among them. They became stiff-necked and in their rebellion appointed a leader in order to return to their slavery. But you are a forgiving God, Gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love. Nehemiah 9:17
- Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell un the house of the Lord forever. Psalm 23:6
His love is Great
I could go on and on about how great our Gods love is. He is awesome and blesses us so much. If you would like to look some more up on your own here are a few: 2 Chronicles 20:21, Psalm 144:2, Psalm 36:10, Psalm 36:5. Those are the others I loved as well; although my favorite book is Psalm.
Leave a Reply