- Marriage takes work.
- You and your husband play for the same team.
- It’s not always fun, but it will be rewarding.
- God wants couples to stay in love.
- God has a plan to help us do that.
If you get married and you go into it with a fairy tale mindset, you will be heavily disappointed and you or your spouse will grow weary by trying to keep up the charade. I know that sounds a little brutally honest but it’s true. I am not saying that whimsical and romantic marriages do not exist, they do. But to have a happy long lasting marriage, we need to align our marriages with God’s word instead of Disney characters, romance novels, and romantic Films. I am definitely not knocking romantic movies, I’m a huge fan – but I am also a realist and quickly realized they don’t always come true. The hero in the best love story is Christ; no other Prince died for their bride. So with realizing that, it was evident that having a happy marriage required a plan – it requires God’s plan .
- Love always protects the relationship.
- Love always believes the best.
- Love always hopes.
- Love never gives up on the relationship