Prep Time 5 minutes
+ Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 cups of pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup of maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- White Pepper
- Dice onion, mince garlic, and chop celery.
- Heat olive oil on medium heat in a skillet.
- Add and sauté onions and garlic.
- Add chicken broth, celery, cumin, coriander, nutmeg, pumpkin puree, maple syrup,and Greek yogurt.
- Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Simmer and stir for 20 minutes.
- Add salt and white pepper to taste.
- Simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Crush a few peanuts as a topping.
- Pour a bowl of soup, top with your desired amount of peanuts (whole and crushed), cut your favorite piece of bread, and enjoy!
This month we welcome to the blog J. Nicole of Get Nourishment. Throughout the month of October she will be serving up tasty weekly recipes.
J. Nicole strives to put Christ’s love on display to the world and one medium she chose was food. She started cooking because she developed a very close relationship with her grandmother. Before that happened, she use to burn rice…yes rice! Her grandmother sparked an interested in her to work on family recipes, attend cooking classes, research cooking ideas, and become an apprentice for a great chef. Along her cooking journey, she has also chosen Christ as her Lord and Savior. While developing her relationship with God, she learned that Jesus Christ used food (feed the thousands, represent His body, etc.) to spread His love. She soon thought, “I love Christ and food so why not share a weekly recipe with others and spread the love of Christ? “. Thus Get Nourishment was born!