Waiting on God
We do not like to wait. I want everything instantly and now! Instant gratification. The internet is faster, texting is fast, cars drive faster and shipping packages are fast. Our minds are thinking everything is now and waiting is not an option. The same thing when we pray. We want our prayers answered now!!!
Recently, I started an Etsy shop and making jewelry. I wait every day to see if I have any orders.
I start thinking what am I doing wrong?
Was this the right decision to put my stuff out there and just get rejected?
How do I do better?
What do people want?
These are things that I think about. Everyone says go for it. Do it.
YouTube has how to open an Etsy shop and mistakes when opening an Etsy Shop trying to learn how to be successful. Success is different for everyone, but who wants to wait for it? I wanted to start my shop and see people wearing my items. This is like any business, you put in so much effort and see nothing right away. Waiting for it to be successful.
Life is the same way. You put in the work for your job, family, and wait for you to be happy and see what you wanted for your life.
When we wait
When we wait, we are testing faith that it will happen. We feel like we are vulnerable and have no control. Feeling like we can’t do anything to make it happen faster or now.
Waiting for prayers to be answered is the same way. Pray and wait on God. You put your prayers into God’s hands and wait. What do you think while you wait?
- Will God answer in His timing?
- Do you Believe that it will happen?
- Does worry, discourage, and impatience take over?
- Have Hope that it will happen?
- Do you Trust in Him?
- Do you Resist the doubt that Satan puts into your head?
If you said yes to any of these then your human. We have worry, doubt, strength, courage, trust, and we are impatient. Some of these things are good and some are from Satan. God wants us to love and trust in Him with all of our hearts and strength and mind (Matthew 22:37).
When we pray we think is God listening. Do I just pray and wait. What do I do until it gets answered? What does God want from me?
Scriptures on Waiting – NIV
- But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. Micah 7:7
- I will wait for the LORD, who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob. I will put my trust in him. Isaiah 8:17
- I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1
- Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:14
- Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
- Remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Psalm 27:13
- Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2
- The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; Lamentations 3:25
- For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it lingers, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay. Habakkuk 2:3
- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
What to remember
When waiting we need to remember that God has a plan. Our lives are for His glory. Put your request down at His feet and wait. He only wants good for us. Though we do not see it now, He will show us in time.
Losing my son was the hardest thing ever to happen to me, but it is through faith and trust that I know God had a plan for him and me that I did not understand yet. He will reveal to me in time that it was for my good, and not for me to be sad and angry. He tests our faith through trials and while we wait for our answers.
It is easy to say we Trust Him and have Faith, but it is through those tough times that really show people and yourself that you have faith and trust. Let your light shine through the dark and know that He will NEVER leave you. Don’t stop praying and loving. Remember that blessings are yet to come.
How can we be praying for you as you wait?
Leave a Reply