There is nothing better than having a great meal with the ones you love. Then Monday hits and you realize…everything you ate was butter galore! lol But I thought I might share a recipe to get back to eating healthy before the Christmas meal! Enjoy!
Let’s Get Cooking
Approximate Time Prep Time 15 minutes + Cook Time 20 minutes Total Time 35 minutes
2 1/2 cups cooked Wild Rice
1 cup cooked Edamame
1 1/2 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
4 springs green onions/scallions
1/2 bushel fresh cilantro
1/2 bushel of parsley
2-3 pieces of mint leaves
3 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 lemon juiced
Salt to taste
1. Cook the wild rice as instructed. (Cook it similar to brown rice)
2. Boil the edamame as instructed.
3. While cooking the rice and edamame, slice the cherry tomatoes.
4. Chop the green onion, cilantro, parsley, and mint leaves. (herbs)
5. Once the rice and edamame are cooked, allow for it to cool for about 10 minutes.
6. Place the rice, edamame, herbs, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
7. Mix all the ingredients well.
8. Allow the mixture to cool in the fridge for no less than an hour.
9. Grab a bowl, a seat, your favorite book, and enjoy quiet time with Zach’s Wild Rice.
– Pair it with something fresh and hot like fresh shrimp!
– For the best results, allow Zach’s Wild Rice to set in the refrigerator overnight.
About J. Nicole
J. Nicole strives to put Christ’s love on display to the world and one medium she chose was food. She started cooking because she developed a very close relationship with her grandmother. Before that happened, she use to burn rice…yes rice! Her grandmother sparked an interested in her to work on family recipes, attend cooking classes, research cooking ideas, and become an apprentice for a great chef. Along her cooking journey, she has also chosen Christ as her Lord and Savior. While developing her relationship with God, she learned that Jesus Christ used food (feed the thousands, represent His body, etc.) to spread His love. She soon thought, “I love Christ and food so why not share a weekly recipe with others and spread the love of Christ?”. Thus Get Nourishment was born! See other recipes in this series here.